Wednesday 17 September 2014

Tips for mums:: W1 INTRODUCTION


 Photographers can capture beautiful moments and memories for you, create wonderful albums and lovely wall art but it is you who is there, when your baby first smiles, eats their first puree, walks first steps, claps her hands, wears uniform for the first time…

First steps

I am going to give you some tips, how to capture these special moments yourself and have pics worth printing, making a story or scrap book or whatever you decide to do with them but hopefully not just keeping them digital. :)

Playing with bubbles

Every week I post one tip here on my blog. I show you some examples and give you little task to try yourself. You can post 1 best image on my FB timeline and I will pick the best one and highlight it on my page and comment why I like it best.

This image always makes me smile :). It would not win any award but as mum I love it! Yes, I have it in our photo album :).

I get many questions about which camera or lens to buy. My answer is very simple. It is up to you what you want to shoot with. When I was deciding what to buy, I read all reviews possible and it took me some months to figure out what I want.
 

This years favourite summer image of my boy

The best person to advice you on buying camera is probably a knowledgeable sales advisor in camera store, who knows what cameras, brands are out there and what are the latest features or offers. 

However before you go to the shop ask yourself these questions:

What do you want to photograph?

How much do you want to spend?

How heavy/bulky can the camera be?

Are you willing to learn and be in control or do you prefer point and shoot and let the camera decide ?

On the left my very first digital camera and my little and big beast I am shooting with now. Picture taken with tablet :).

You can also post a question about what do you want to know or try. I will add it to my list and try to answer in one of my tips.

Next week I'll talk about geting down on your knees and even laying down :)

So let's try create better pictures of our kids for our kids :).

XX
Zu

No comments:

Post a Comment